Illogicopedia:Ten things you probably didn't know
Okay, so you just stumbled upon the Illogicopedia for the first time, maybe from Wikipedia or some other webpage. Well, this site differs in many ways to other wikis - not least the amount of general insanity that goes on here. Here are ten things it's good to know about Illogicopedia.
- We like newcomers!
- We love to accept new users all the time, unlike some wikis. You'll find the community very welcoming, if a little mentally unstable at times. Don't be afraid to ask questions but check out the FAQ first.
- We respect other peoples' contributions
- We're not always insane
- Sure, there's a lot of nonsense on the site but a majority of the featured content is more structured. It still has a random quality, but appeals to a larger audience than just plain craziness.
- We like redlinks... but not too many
- Don't be afraid to place redlinks on common words - it's likely that in the future someone will come along and make the article. Less common phrases are not as likely to be created but if they're crazy enough, someone might just stumble across the redlink and make it blue.
- We like mad categories
- That's right, but don't go overboard on them. Every so often a 'crazy cats' week is held where users attempt to invent the most creative categories. Try and add some existing categories first but the odd 'crazy cat' here and there is fine. Just remember to create it.
- We don't just delete stuff
- The Illogicopedia attempts to keep all content that does not break the Commandments. However, whilst we accept all kinds of nonsense, we do strive for a certain level of quality babble. If this level is not reached, the article is put to the community in the hope it will improve. Don't worry if your article is tagged as 'trash' or the Mexicans arrive, help will be on the way!
- We aren't in competition
- Many of our users come from Uncyclopedia, Wikipedia and other similar wiki projects. Far from being in competition, we share content with them and have an amicable relationship. In particular, there is an amount of jocular activity that takes place between Illogicopedia and Uncyclopedia: after all, Unclepeteopedia is where ?pedia was born.
- We are polite
- Illogicopedia members don't go round violently forcing their nonsense on everyone. Remember as an Illogicopedia user you represent the wiki on other websites. Don't flame people or vandalise other wikis - you'll earn yourself, and maybe the Illogicopedia community, a bad name.
- We care about you
- We like people to have fun!
- Edit with a smile on your face. If you ever feel you aren't enjoying writing, don't do it; instead talk to some of our friendly community members or play a game to put the smile back on your face.